Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The simple joys of the homeless bum

I stayed up all last night to finish some homework. For twelve hours straight I toiled, leaving me bleary eyed and stiff jointed at the end. Such was the nature of my titanic struggles against my dreadful...ly slack work ethic. That's right. I waited until the last day to start a project assigned the week before. 
But lo, I had faith that in the end I would be greatly rewarded for my efforts. And so I have been on this very next day.  


It was a review day, so class let out over almost 40 minutes early. As I emerged from the cool building into the light, I gasped(not really) as I beheld the true beauty of nature.
The sky was clear and sunny, only slight wisps of cirrus clouds adrift. The air was warm and comforting, the sakura trees in full bloom. 

As I meandered around campus in a daze, I came upon the most idyllic park bench. The fuzzy warmth of the atmosphere combined with my mounting sleep deprivation to put me in a state of walking meditation.

I felt that the time had come to reap the bountiful harvest presented to me, to spend this day in the best way possible....
Sleeeeeepiiiiing.....
Yup. It was time to be a bum.

I leaned back, crossed my legs, feeling the gentle wind against my face, and began to grow a shaggy grayish brown beard. Ah, this is how life is meant to be lived, taking in the sights and sounds, one tranquil moment at a time. My zen instincts are appeased. Now, more than ever before, I feel as if I am truly at peace....

And then I got bored.

I considered begging random people passing by for alms. Gotta beg for those alms man, begging for food is for noobs, who could possibly have all their needs satisfied by only food?
Unfortunately there were no passersby to beg. In fact there really wasn't anyone nearby at all, except for this one guy driving one of those mini campus cars over to a storage building. Forever Alone :(

Hmm.....Maybe I could get the guy to give me the cart. Or lawnmower or whatever.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As my eyes started drooping away to slumber, I suddenly realized I was holding something. What's this? I've been taking sips from a bottle of Powerade?
This whole time? But, this is an energy drink! I can't just go to sleep, I have to be energized! Sure, Powerade is just a crappy watered down knockoff of the real thing, but still....
This is not what Hans George Zimmerman would have wanted. I need to go DO SOMETHING! But what? My muscles are too sore to work out. Oh wait, since Powerade is a lesser form of Powerthirst, I only need to do a lesser form of working out!

 I'm glad you approve. But first................................
...............................
..........................
................
............
.......
....
*falls asleep*



No comments:

Post a Comment