Monday, March 10, 2014

Grumpy Monkey

Daylight Savings Time is an American core value, despite its peculiarities. The actual time period that we are in savings mode is more than half the year(8 months), so shouldn't it be called standard time and the rest of the year be called, I don't know, Daylight Not-Saving time? Daylight Wasting Time sounds like a great name to me but puts forth some unfortunate implications about the work ethics here in Eagleland.

Anyways, if you listen to the radio often, you may have noticed that announcers have coined the term "Grumpy Monday" to refer to today, as apparently many people have had their schedules thrown out of whack by the 1 hour adjustment making them very grumpy. This has almost meaningless to me. I'm grumpy on every Monday morning, and I don't schedule anything. It really has more to do with the lack of sleep for me, and the interrupted sleep cycles for everyone else. Learn2sleep plan schedule scrubs.

To continue on my serious streak, I think I'll tell you the story of how I came to Eagleland. Are you prepared for some serious drama? Well, here it is:

I was born here. The End. 

This post was originally supposed to be about something else, something I told a certain someone I'd do, but I'm too grumpy, so it'll have to wait. Maybe when I'm not grumpy I'll give you the non-serious version of my story. It'll have Tidus' laugh and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment