Friday, March 14, 2014

Chocolate Rain

The jump that launched a thousand ships (the gooey kind)

It's exactly one month too late to do a post about love/romance/kidnapping, but upon recommendation from a friend, I watched this animated movie titled The Garden of Words. Its about 45 minutes long, half the length of a full feature. Nobody told me no genre, but I could see that it was clearly an action packed adventure- no it was a boring romantic drama. To warn away you folks with low attention span so you don't get bored, I will show you the following screen capture:
This is the most exciting scene in the entire movie. Unless you have a crying fetish but I'll get to that later.

My first impressions were
Wow such quality
very smooth

The animation was top notch, so I don't regret taking the time to acquire the 720p version instead of streaming it (240p gaze it) on some trashball site. The water looked great, the trees look like they came right out of a watercolor painting, the people....all looked the same. So it was rather difficult for me to tell who the bad guy was.

After several meaningless scenery shots, the story finally begins. It takes place in Average Asian City, Asianland. One morning, a young boy decides he's going to be COOL GUY and skips off from the train station. He justifies it by saying it's raining, but in reality he is just too cool for school. After trolling people at the supermarket, he walks through some tropical jungle park on a paved path that leads all the way up to...a gazebo.

"WHAT?!?!" That's right. You heard me. A gazebo.
Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing. I was totally convinced that the gazebo was going to be the bad guy and eat everyone at the end. But it didn't, which was very disappointing.

Sitting inside this gazebo is a strange woman. I was wondering, is this boy retarded? Didn't his parents ever tell him not to talk to strangers? Doesn't he know just how dangerous gazebos are? Then the flashback comes. Oh, he was raised by an alcoholic single mom and an abusive brother. It all makes sense now. 

This woman is obviously a wise master of the aimless way. She eats only the cardinal foods, chocolate and beer, the ambrosia buffet as Hades would put it. She asks the boy how he knows that you need to eat something with beer, he says it's his mom that is the drinker. Nice try guy, we all know you have a drinking problem too. She gives him some weird proverb that is supposed to help him recover.

The guy wants to be a shoe maker. Like the Levy-Schumaker comet. That reminds me, I gotta go watch the Cosmos TV series, get on Carl Swagan's ship of imagination.

The first deep concept this movie shows is that the rain is good, something I can relate to. Acid rain helps to ruin crops and signify the atmosphere has reached a sufficient level of pollution.

After the long summer (winter is coming guise) (again) the boy finally figures out that this whole time, the woman was actually the O87UV90ZD8SERFf8sz90duf32hfspu12XfGCfqXHnLYBVEKB2ryfabrZh35kufZQ 

uH sOMETHING about cougars and bare feet

crying, tears were shed, you can't imagine the feels I'm not feeling right now

The End

Crap I can't eat this trail mix, it's too spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment