Sunday, June 28, 2020

Goat&CatScans: Retired Heroes Chapter 38

Man, we're so close to the end. Chapter 39 is the last one we have raws for as it seems the author LinJie has gone on hiatus. Just one more to go.
yep, this is the sound you get when squeezing someone's face
This post's font at the moment is Times New Roman as for some reason Blogspot won't let me change it to my font of choice, Trebuchet MS. Just in case you were wondering why things look different compared to my previous posts.

Oh yeah, I should post the results of that user opinion strawpoll I posted a while back:
It's a lot more positive than I expected, and I'm pleased to see there are 6 whole people that actually read my blog posts and cared enough to respond. Whoever you are, you guys are awesome.




Translation comments down here in case you want to read the chapter first.

Page 5 proved to be problematic because of the phrase "王的风范" which the Cat initially translated as simply "Majesty". Based on the context I thought it should be "The Way of Kings" or "King's Way", which I really wanted it to be, because I'm a huge fan of the author Brandon Sanderson.

I eventually settled on "King's Demeanor" as that's what Mage said it was and when I searched up the phrase this image turned up:

Also on page 13 I wanted to replace "former hero" with "retired hero" to get that sick title drop, but if that's what the author wanted to do I'm sure the actual title characters would be there, but they aren't. Sadface :(

No comments:

Post a Comment